Deadline: 12 November 2014
The Asia Foundation invites talented individuals below 40 years of age to apply for the 2015 Asia Development Fellows: Emerging Leadership for Asia’s Future program. Asian change-makers interested in tackling the region’s social and economic development challenges are encouraged to become the fellow. The individuals must have demonstrated outstanding commitment, integrity, and leadership potential within their professional fields and within their larger community.
The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise
- Governance and law
- Economic development
- Women’s empowerment
- Regional cooperation
The fellowship program covers costs for coursework and programming, airfares and local transportation, lodging and meals, visa fees, and health and accident insurance. Fellows are also provided a per diem during program activities.
- Leadership Training Program [Singapore, March 4 - 9, 2015]
- Workshop on Asian Development [Nepal, March 10 - 15, 2015]
- Leadership Dialogue and Exchange [U.S.A., September 13 – 30, 2015]
- Professional Development Award
- Applicants must have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement, and significant impact in their chosen field.
- Applicants must have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise.
- Applicants must have outstanding personal character and integrity.
- Applicants must be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community.
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age by the time of selection i.e. 1 January 2015.
- Applicants must be proficient in English language.
- Applicants must commit to be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified.
- Applicants must be the resident nationals or citizens of the following countries – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
For more information, please visit Fellowship Information.